Monday, March 30, 2009

Breach of Confidentiality

I have been on quite a roller coaster ride since last Wednesday.
I found myself at the doctor's office Friday due to an out of control migraine.

When I left I realized that I need to find a new doctor. During my visit the medical assistant came in twice. I refused to discuss anything while she was in the room.
She entered one more time when I was on my way out and asked the doctor very loudly "Did you just write Tasha Smith a prescription for the morning after pill?" (Note I just added a name this is not what was actually said)

I was so upset about the patient's privacy. I told the young lady that this was unacceptable and very unprofessional. She just looked dumbfounded and hocked that I even commented. Man may argue that it is not my business but it could have been my medical information or one of my friends or family members.

1 comment:

  1. OMG- that is really unprofessional!
    I would of said the same thing.
    New doctor sounds like a plan!

    ReplyDelete