Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weddings

I have served as a bridesmaid and maid of honor on a few occasions. Each experience has a load of stories behind it it. I enjoyed each and everyone one of them. Lately my admiration for the traditional wedding continues to fade at a rapid pace. The list of what "they" say you should do. Who are "they"? Are "they" paying for weddings these days. I am so done with brides saying I want to do it like this or heck not even thinking about what she and her groom wants but what "they" said. Keisha is saying I am doing what I want to do. Don't get me wrong I love the fairy tale princess bride thing and I have seen done smoothly. I just am so past it at my ripe old age. LOVE is enough for me. My mate, me , chillins (children LOL) , somewhere romantic peaceful a committment. I just cant take to much stress and no focus on the meaning of marriage.
Dream on princess brides.

2 comments:

  1. Amen on that one, Missy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well my wedding is going to be Harry Potter themed, and to me, that IS my fairy tale princess wedding.


    BOO-YA.

    ReplyDelete